WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Friday 10 March 2017

THE RAIN IN GREECE .......

........ Doesn't stay mainly on the 'plains'  LoL
I tell you Peeps - it has been raining now virtually continuously for 2 days - and I mean serious RAIN !!!  The swimming pool has risen about 8 inches and is only about 1 inch from overflowing !!
That in itself is not of great concern, but after last night's rain, I thought to check the Sterna under my house. 
* these are underground water storage tanks that collect rain water from the roof for use within the house system. *
Now mine is really huge, but it was only about 4 inches from the very top - which is great for me, but not so great because it doesn't have an overflow built into it and what happens is that it finds it's way through the walls down in the basement, near the ceiling, and directly under that is where the mains electricity fuse box is !! It pours down the wall into the fuse box ! !
I have stuck towels on top and have been pumping water out of the Sterna to stop it coming in any more. The only other time it got this much water was just after I moved into the house and didn't know about what would happen. After 3 days of non-stop rain then, it totally wiped out my electricity system and stayed that way until the fuse box was dried out and fuses replaced ! Ack ! No power for about 3 days and of course, I couldn't run the pump to get rid of some of the water - so I really don't want that to happen again.
I expect we had major floods down in our main town as well. This usually happens when we have downpours anyway. I will try and find you a video if I can :-)
*** Found a photo ....
 
.... this happens a lot when it rains !!!!


This morning I snagged a gorgeous Freebie digital scrapbook set from PUBLISCRAP FORUM which was soooo right for my weather just now -  so I made this....




The wording I used says: '  Swallow flying low soon, it will rain.
' Rainy day '  and ' The Calm before the Storm'.

Challenges I am entering:


Mod Squad Challenge - Song Inspiration    (Ella Fitzgerald - Into each life some rain must fall  1944)    15/3
Glitter & Sparkle Challenge #229 - Say It With A Song   (as above)   **TOP 3**
The Crazy Challenge #243 - We Love Animals





6 comments:

  1. oh no !
    thats to many rain!
    hope it will stop raining soo and it will be sunny !
    your card is so nice!
    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disaster!
    Always after the occurrence of something or someone.
    Congratulations on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what a catastrophe. Sure hope all goes well for you and the rain stops. We have had no rain here and as a result, wildfires. Not fun either. I love that you are having so much fun with the challenge and all of the rain you have been getting. Your song title for this one is perfect. Yes, some rain must fall into everyone life. Hopefully, your rain will stop soon. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad this week. Good luck! Barbara DT member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes remember that well!!
    Fabulous card
    Ginny x
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cripes. Sounds urgent. Hope the pump does the trick and you manage to save the house from flooding and losing power. Good luck. Hope the sun shines SOON.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! That's a lot of rain! I hope it soon stops or slows down. Very dangerous for your house! The weather has been so strange the last couple years. Your card is gorgeous, my friend! Love it!

    ReplyDelete