WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Saturday 11 March 2017

HAPPY KITTY

My next piece for the day is celebrating my favourite colour AND my love of cats and flowers :-)
I know it's still raining and there isn't any sunshine, but I can always live in hope.
I was sitting listening to 'HAPPY' by Pharrell Williams - which just makes me smile and jig along and I started making this little piece. It was going to be a page in my art journal but after adding the flower I realized that it won't shut if I put it in there hahaha.  I am going to use it as the front of a Mini Album I think :-)
I recently saw this great Tutorial on how to make paper Dahlias so I had a go. Mine is not as gorgeous as the photos I saw but for a first try it's not too bad.
I think I made it more difficult by making it considerable smaller than shown on the TuT.   :-)

I started with a plain yellow backing and stitched a bit of plastic mesh onto it. The kitty was stamped and then I coloured his eyes with Spectrum Noir markers. I dripped some green ink for leaves and attached my Dahlia. The wording was done using a font called ' Austie Bost Kitten Klub ' - free from Fonts101.



Image from De-Stempelwinkel Plate 059 Black Magic Cats






Challenges I am entering:

De-Stempelwinkel Stampers Challenge #2 - Sunshine


6 comments:

  1. Love that cat!! fabulous card gorgeous Dahlia Ginny x
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very bright and happy kitty card! Makes me smile! Love your beautiful flower too! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the black kitty in your card! He looks like one of mine! :) Such a cheerful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :)))))))))))) Sunshine makes everybody happy, even cats! Lovely card with a beautiful flower, it will make a lovely little sunny album! Thank you for joining De Stempelwinkel challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also LOVE that Happy. Great project and I think your dahlia looks fab.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete