WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Saturday 25 March 2017

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY ELLADA :-)

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO GREECE

This holiday is Greece's National Day and is always celebrated on 25 March.


In 1821, the Greeks rose up against the Ottoman Empire which had occupied Greece for almost 400 years, leading to the war of independence. Greece's Independence Day is actually a holiday that has blended over time with an older festival - the Feast of the Annunciation.


Here is a piece of MailArt I have made to celebrate.
The photo of the envelope has been added on as I couldn't get them both to sit nicely for the camera LoL


For my card I used Sybilla Delphica rubber stamp from De-Stempelwinkel. I coloured her with Spectrum Noir markers. I used a page from a Greek newspaper for my backing and added some olives which I fussy cut. My envelope is also made from newspaper. I edged with ink and stamped on the Sybilla.
*  Sibylla Delphica,  was a Priestess of Apollo *



Thanks for popping in xxxx

Challenges I am entering:

Creative Artists Challenge #24 - AG Mixed Media  28/3
Scrap & Craft Challenge #1 - Celebrations  31/3







8 comments:

  1. Fantastic card I used to love watching the parade in Pothia all the schools marching Ginny x
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny - we had fabulous weather for a change !! :-)

      Delete
  2. did you change your blog look?
    I think you did :D
    Happy independence day!
    I always loved greek culture,food and Greece,
    when I was young I read all about greek mythology and that was my favorite to read!
    I named my dog Ares like the Greek god of war :D
    and now I have friend in Greece!
    How amazing,right?
    sending you lots of hugs,hope spring is come to Greece!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I have been trying to add a new background but it won't do it :-( I think Ares is a fine name. It lovely we found each other in Blogland :-)
      Spring seems to be here - the weather is lovely xxxx

      Delete
  3. A fabulous celebration card and envelope. Great use of the newsprint and a wonderful stamped main image.
    Thank you for joining in with our March challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely set, thank you for joining the challenge at De Stempelwinkel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining us in the Scrap & Craft Challenge with your beautiful project.
    DT Teresa x

    ReplyDelete