WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Thursday 29 May 2014

QUOTH THE RAVEN QUEST 33.. A PUNCH OF POSIES

Good morning Peeps,
Here I am with my creation for this month's Quest #33 over at QUOTH THE RAVEN. Our theme is "A Bunch of POEsies and we are looking for flowers on your creation BUT it still has to be connected to the Master - Edgar Allan POE, coz that's what we're all about right ?! :-D

Here is my piece - a book cover that I shall be making more creations to go inside... eventually LoL
I have called it "The Book of My Mind's Eye"..... not really sure why but that was an idea I woke up with and here it is. !!



I covered some thick cardboard with kitchen roll and squidged it all up to get texture and then put Gesso on it. Then I used different inks and dies splurged on it to make it brown. I also used a sort of paste stuff called 'PRECIOUS METALS'  Bronze that the wonderful BD sent me as a gift :-)  LUV this stuff.
The eye was made with half a styrofoam ball and more kitchen paper for the lids. The veins were done with tiny pieces of red feather. Eyelashes are made from a brown feather. I then stuck it to some embossed card and made a ripped edge.
The flowers were made with my new STAMPIN' UP punch and stamps set called 'Flower Shop'. I then coated them with some nail varnish that I don't like on my nails coz it takes foreva to dry !!!  When you move it in the light it changes hue slightly - sorry that doesn't work on a photo !! LoL It's pinky/purple one way, or blue/green, or a sort of yellowy hue :-)
Hingey things and swirls from stash box.
I am going to enter into the SoSS Challenge - C is for CRAP... coz I have no idea why I bought a sheet of stick on hinges and locks that don't even look like metal AND they don't stick properly and that awful nail varnish (and you know... I found 2 pots of the same darnstuff !!!) hahahaha LoL

OK - that's it for now I think.
We are a little short staffed at QTR this month so BLACK DRAGON will be posting her creation  a bit later on. :-D

Bye for now and I hope you will come over and play along. I mean - FLOWERS.... how dfifficult can it be ????!!! hee hee 

Challenges I am entering:

Crafty Creations Challenge #264 - Something with 'S'... Swirls
HobbyBook Challenge - Show Us Flowers
Inky Impressions #161 - Anything Goes
A Step In The Dark Challenge #2 - Anything Goes/Purple
21st Century Pillow Book - Flora & Fauna

15 comments:

  1. Well there's a LOT going on here isn't there . . . so many techniques - FABULOUS. Perhaps it should be called: The Book of My Bleary Eye???? Tis rather bloodshot - think it's been on the grog and this is the morning after the night before! LOL! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work very creative ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhh now THAT is a fantastic book cover!! Thanks for playing along with the Sisterhood for the C is for CRAP challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love how you made the eye...it's awesome! Can't wait to see what you put inside! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers C is for CRAP Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! this is just ubber creep & amazing all at the same time....love it!!!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Inky Impressions this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the POEsies--too funny. Of course the best part of the creation is that incredible eye you created in the top right hand corner. Just so freakin' cool!

    Have a wonderful weekend my friend!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flowers with EAP centres -- how awesome is that? Not to mention that eyeball. ;) An altogether fantabulous creation. Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eek - what can I say? This is so original, so different....I shouldn't like it but I do. You can't help but be drawn in by that eye. Great creativity in this piece. Thanks for joining us at A step in the Dark... - hope to see you again x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Ike this is fabulous!!!! I love it..love the Poe in the stampin up punch and the eye with the awesome lashes..fabulous job. so creative. Thank you for joining us at A Step in The Dark Challenge.
    hugs
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a unique book cover...draws you right in with all the different elements and techniques. So much dimension! Big thanks for participating with the Dreamweaver Stencils challenge for May.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa, IKE! this is beyond fabulous! the details are AMAZING and who would have thought to use bits of a red feather for the veins in that unbelieveably cool eye? Love, love, LOVE! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Suzy lol your posts always make me smile lol A lovely project, love the image and the gorgeous colours. Thank you for joining A Step In The Dark this fortnight. Good luck and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Erin DT & Co Owner x

    ReplyDelete
  13. original!!! thanks for joining us at hobbybook!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. a lovely project. thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete