WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Sunday 1 May 2011

MOTHERS DAY

Hello again,
This week on Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturday our theme is Mother's Day.
For my card I have used a template on my CraftRobo, from the Crystal Dreams CD by Crafty Creativity.



This is a really tricky one to do because of all the fiddly little pieces that have to be removed -  very carefully but I think the result is worth it :-) I lined the pale lemon card with white card, both were 160gm.
In each little daisy I stuck a tiny gold seed bead and used them too for the body of the butterfly. I used several sets of wings on my butterfly in pale lemon and white, and his underneath layer is of slightly darker lemon card. I also added some very fine gold thread for his antennae. I used the darker lemon card for the tag and embellished with a small paper daisy I recently got from in a huge baggie from Taiwan.
I was so pleased with the result of this card I got all 'arty farty' with my picky of it this time and thought it deserved  something sunny instead of my usual black.  :-D

Challenges I am entering;
Hand Stamped Sentiments No.65 Mother's Day Theme
2 Sisters Challenge 37 - For a Mom
Fairy Tale Challenge 14 - Mothers Day
If the Shoe Fits Challenge FF 77 - Things With Wings

12 comments:

  1. morning hun just wanted to thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog so kind of you,as for your mothers day creation,that is just,amazing just adore all the intricate detail on this,just beautiful have a lovely sunday love hugs cherylx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! That butterfly is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this really looks like a lot of work! What a pritty card! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  4. The daisy background and butterfly are exquisite! Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're card is so cheerful. You did a beautiful job with the daisies and the butterfly. Very unique. Thanks for playing a Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous Mother's Day card! I love the soft color and all of the beautiful details of your design. That butterfly is fabulous! Thanks for playing along at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! nice backgroung(looks like lace) and cute butterfly. Thanks for playing with us at 2 Sister's this week, good luck!
    Zulma DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card - fantastic details.
    Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.
    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous! You are right about it being worth it. So glad you decided to join us this week. I hope you will play with us again in future challenges.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow...outstanding card!!! Its really fabulous work. I just love this card so much. I like this butterfly and those yellow flowers are looking awesome..I really happy to see this blog. Thanks for this great card.Magento Themes

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely gorgeous! beautiful card! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

    ReplyDelete